Preparations for his arrival continue to be underway! This weekend we're finally going to register and my mom is going to join us. When we get back from our trip next week for 2 weddings (1 in MN and 1 in WY) then we'll order the nursery furniture and start the work on the floors. The goal is still to have the nursery completed by the end of August, but we'll see.
I also learned this past week that I'll be having 3 baby showers! Which I think is way too many but people are insisting on it. 1 is being thrown by my sister and my mom, another is being thrown by Nick's family up in Wisconsin and the third is being thrown by our parent's neighborhood Bible study group. I feel so blessed and spoiled to have all of these wonderful people in my life who want to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Hunter. Now, I just need to figure out what gifts I can get them as big thank you's!
Ok, on to my weekly check-in and bump update.
![]() |
| The start of my cloth diaper stash!! |
How far along? 23w4d
Size of Baby: Grapefruit
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +6 lb
Maternity Clothes: Yep!
Sex of Baby: BOY!!
Belly Button In/Out: In, but getting flatter by the day
Stretch Marks: Nope
Labor Signs: Nope
Movement: Yes and I love every minute of it
Sleep: Still bad, I toss and turn and get up to pee a lot
Cravings/Aversions: I'm really liking Thai food and still on the fruit
Symptoms: RLP, back pain, peeing all the time like usual
Feeling: Thankful, happy, in love with my baby
Best Moment this Week: Just feeling Hunter continue to move
What I Miss: Sleep and I did miss alcohol yesterday after a SUPER stressful day at work, but instead I indulged in pizza and Ben and Jerry's ice cream
What I am Looking Forward To: Registering tomorrow and getting the nursery all set up. Also - our trip next week to MN and Wyoming!
Milestones: Almost to v-day!
Baby Milestones: Hunter is now about 11.4 inches (almost a foot!) and weighs about 1 pound! He continues to accumulate fat and drink in amniotic fluid. His sense of taste is mature along with other senses such as touch and hearing. His lanugo is growing darker and his fingernails are almost fully formed. Over the next few weeks he will gain significant weight and almost double in size! And I'm sure I'll grow a lot too! His ears are starting to develop as the three main bones and are hardening This means he can listen to sounds but his brain is still developing rapidly. His important organs are also developing quickly. The pancreas is maturing and he now has sweat glands.
Next Appointment: July 10 - regular midwife appointment and GTT next week
.jpg)

Looking good girl!! Have fun registering tomorrow!
ReplyDelete