Well here I am, half baked, and by that I mean 20 weeks pregnant, not stoned - lol!
I really can't believe I made it this far. It always seemed so far away to me sometimes and now that it's here I'm like where did the time go? These next 20 weeks are going to FLY by and we have so much to do before Hunter gets here and I'm SUPER stressed about it. To provide you with my level of anxiety, please see the list of things we need to accomplish (Nick doing most handywork) below:
- Finish stairs (build railing, install risers and moldings, then stain)
- Pull up carpet upstairs and install unfinished hardwood
- Have hardwood guys come in while I'm at my parents and sand and stain the hardwood upstairs and we're doing downstairs too so it's all the same color
- Install closet system in nursery
- Install window coverings in nursery
- Install wainscoting in nursery
- Paint nursery
- Buy nursery furniture and bedding (no crib bumpers)
- Buy decor and rug for nursery
- Get nursery set up
- Register for baby stuff
- Get nursery organized after showers
Yesterday was our anatomy scan and it was AWESOME! Hunter was so cute and wiggling around but not too much that they couldn't get measurements. They got all the measurements and pictures they needed and I think the coolest one was his heart. You could see all the chambers pumping away and the tech said that his heart was textbook and you couldn't ask for a better view of it! Yay Hunter! And yes, he is still most definitely all boy! SO excited to meet him in just 20 short weeks!
How far along? 20w2d
Size of Baby: The Bump says a cantaloupe, the app on my phone says banana, but the bump says 21 weeks is banana - oh well - lol
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +4 lb
Maternity Clothes: Oh yeah and wearing tons of maxi skirts and tank tops
Sex of Baby: BOY!!
Belly Button In/Out: In
Stretch Marks: Nope
Labor Signs: Nope
Movement: Yes! I love it. It feels more like rolling than jabs at this point, but I know the jabs are coming.
Sleep: Sucks. I can't get comfortable and I pee all the freaking time
Cravings/Aversions: Still fruit and now salads, which is good, I'm making up for eating all carbs during 1st tri
Symptoms: Fatigue, peeing (like peeing 30 times a day, like peeing once and then 5 minutes later having to pee just as badly as the time before) - Nick thinks it's hysterical, RLP, back pain, headaches.
Feeling: So great. I love being pregnant with this little guy!
Best Moment this Week: Seeing Hunter at the A/S and hearing that he is healthy and everything looks great. Oh and he's a little heifer at 11 oz already!
What I Miss: Sleeping through the night (same as the past several times, but I really do miss it)
What I am Looking Forward To: Buying nursery furniture this weekend and registering!
Milestones: Hitting 20 weeks. 20 weeks to go!
Baby Milestones: Hunter is now 6 - 6.3 inched long from crown to rump and weighs about 9 oz (though he was 11 oz yesterday!) His skin is thickening and starting to form 2 layers, the epidermis and the dermis. His hair and nails are also continuing to grow. His bones are continuing to harden and I should start to feel him more and more!
Next Appointment: June 12 - regular midwife appointment
| 4d picture of his cute little face! It looks like he's smiling! |
Yay! Great update! Congrats on being half baked (I totally think of the movie too).
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you are feeling stressed about all that has to be done, but hopefully bit by bit you guys will get through it! Looking at it in list form must be scary though.
So very exciting! Hunter will be here before you know it! The important things will get done before he arrives and whatever doesn't get done won't matter because you'll have your sweet boy.
ReplyDelete