I just want to say thank you to those of you who sent well wishes to Cain, I truly appreciate it. We took Cain to the vet last night and the vet was very concerned about him and was thinking he has something neurological going on because of the way his legs were looking and he was reacting when the vet was bending his legs. He was thinking it's something with his neck, either spinal cord disease, a slipped disc or Wobbler's syndrome (you can find more here). And it can either be treated one of two ways, with medication and pain management (the medical treatment) or with a MRI and surgery (surgical treatment).
Of course I want Cain to be free of pain and feel better and of course I want to do everything I can to help him, but I hear MRI and surgery and all I see are dollar signs $$$$. It sucks, because if we didn't have IVF coming up, it wouldn't be as big of a deal, yes a lot of money, but with IVF, it just isn't a good option for us. He did recommend xrays of his neck and back to see more and he gave him a steroid shot and sent him home with pain pills last night. After the shot and the pills he was doing much better, eating and drinking again and acting a bit more like his old self. I took him this morning for his xrays and just picked him up. The dr. isn't 100% sure what it is, but he thinks it's spinal cord disease or Wobbler's and that he wants to try the medical treatment of it for a couple weeks to see how he reacts on that. If Cain doesn't seem to be getting any better he's sending us to a Specialist (cha-ching) to get a MRI (cha-ching) and since they have to put them under for the MRI, if surgery is needed, they'll do it then (cha-ching cha-ching cha-ching).
So my poor puppy isn't doing too well and he's in a lot of pain, but I hope the medicine we're supposed to give him will help and he doesn't need to see a specialist.
Man I better get a BFP because I feel like things just don't want to go my way lately, between the cancellation, my mom, a crappy 2012 and another Christmas without a bump or baby and now the dog, the universe seems to not like me very much. Oh and the world better not end on Friday, or I'm going to have a beef with God - lol!
This is such an old picture of Cain when he was still a puppy, but this dog has had a rough life (got attacked by 2 Newfoundlands at Nick's grandparents who ran over into their yard, got blastomycosis and lost his left eye and almost died, and now this), and I will always remember how carefree he used to be. He still is when he gets to chase squirrels or geese or jump off the dock into the lake, but I see some pain behind those eyes. I love my little booger and am going to go cuddle with him now.

Awww, poor Cain! I hope that the meds help his pain and that he won't need surgery. After everything you've been through you totally deserve that BFP! I'll be thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks sweetie I appreciate that. I really want that BFP too! I hope you have a great holiday and New Year and have a VERY happy and healthy 9 months!! SO excited and happy for you!!
DeleteThank you!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday too! Can't wait to see your BFP post!
Delete