I was definitely also guilty of saying to Nick, hopefully this time next year we'll have an infant (yes, I've calculated if this IVF works when I'll be due, and get this, it's my 29th birthday next year - October 15), and next year we'll be so blessed. It's not that we aren't blessed now, but I think I've said it before, 2012 has sucked major ASS, I'm SO ready to move on to 2013. It's been 2 Christmases that I've hoped to be pregnant right now and I hope I don't have to endure another one.
It was SO relaxing to be at home, I'm still off work, which is nice, and Nick and I have been enjoying each other's company. We've been sleeping in, having leisurely meals and going out to eat, went to a museum - all the things that are harder to do when you have kids. We're normally out in Colorado (Vail) this time of year skiing and celebrating Christmas with Nick's parents (they have a timeshare out there) and while I somewhat wish we were there (we decided to stay home to save money), it's nice to just relax and not have to travel. Plus there has been some family drama out there and I'm SO glad we don't have to deal with that because that's the last thing I need right now. I think I've mentioned before that Nick and his dad don't really get along and he works for him, so a bit hard to avoid. To put it nicely, his dad is an ass and I'm not a very big fan. I guess he was a handful the whole trip and antagonizing the family and starting fights over stupid stuff. So I'm super glad we aren't there to deal with that crap. I need to minimize all the possible stress in my life right now.
The nice thing is that Nick's aunt and uncle bought a condo out in Vail and they invited us to come out for a long weekend with just them. They are so great and laid back and we really get along with us. They're the type of people you flock too and want to hang out with. They're really intellectual and successful and are just a lot of fun. So we're thinking of heading out there the end of February/beginning of March. I'm a little worried about booking the tickets because if I get pregnant from the IVF cycle I'd be about 6 weeks by then and I'm just not sure if it's a good idea to book tickets right now. However, I also can't live my life by my IF and the what-ifs, so if Nick can take off work (I have a TON of PTO) then we're going to do it.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and have a great new year! Here's to 2013 and hopefully this will be the best year yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment