Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Sooo Relieved!

I am so incredibly thankful today.

Last night after not checking for the HB with the doppler for 2 days, I decided, ok, I'm going to try again.

At the point where I almost gave up again after about 30 minutes of searching, I heard a very faint faster HB. I got very excited and adjusted the doppler and bit and there it was. My beautiful baby's heartbeat clear as day. The doppler picked it up and it was beating between 160-166 bpm. I cried such happy tears when I heard it. I've been so worried even though at the same time I was trying to be optimistic and hearing the heartbeat put a LOT of those worries to rest.

I listened for about a minute before the baby moved and I couldn't find it again, but that minute was all I needed. Unfortunately Nick wasn't home when I found it, but I'm going to try again tonight so he can hear it and I can record it on my phone.

I'm so relieved and feel much better about the OB appointment tomorrow. Nick is going to try and come because there is a chance for an ultrasound, but if not, he'll definitely hear the HB, which he hasn't heard yet.

So a bump picture will be taken this week and I think I'm definitely starting to show more. When I found baby, he/she was a bit off to the left and above my pubic bone and hairline so my uterus is now above there a bit as well. I have a little bump I think from baby and a lot of bump from bloat. But hey, I don't care what it's from, at least I'm looking a bit more pregnant and not just thick around the middle!

In other news, my grandmother is in the hospital and had major bowel resection surgery on Sunday. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She is still in ICU and is stable but having heart problems. She's 85 and I'm praying she pulls through, but I've seen how quickly things can go downhill, especially with the elderly.

I'll be sure to post an update tomorrow after the OB appointment - which isn't until 1:30 - why do they never have morning appointments available!

And I'm still anxiously awaiting our hour long ultrasound next week with the NT scan!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck tomorrow!

    T&P's for your grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  2. very exciting! cant wait for teh update tomorrow! sorry to hear about your gma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you found it. Good luck at the appt!

    ReplyDelete