I totally meant to post yesterday when I graduated from the RE, but I had a LONG day of work yesterday and was so pooped and tired by the end of the day, blogging just wasn't going to happen.
I graduated from the RE yesterday - WOO HOO!!!! It was quick and anti-climatic - I wanted fireworks and a parade and dancing animals with signs cheering for me. But no, it was a quick meeting with the Dr. and a "all looks good Lisa, measuring on track, you can stop the E2 patches and baby aspirin but stay on the PIO until St. Patty's day, let us know how you're doing and send us a birth announcement"
And that was that. I got my records, a free subscription to a baby magazine for 1 year, a couple hugs and I was outta there. It didn't really hit me until I got to the car and then the tears started to flow (which has been happening a LOT now that I'm pregnant). I was crying tears of joy for being done with the RE (for now - we have 2 frosties waiting for us), and tears of joy for still being pregnant. It's really surreal and I know I keep saying that, but truly sometimes I don't believe I'm pregnant and I have to pinch myself. Nick keeps asking me when I'm going to be really happy about it (I'm still nervous and apprehensive) and I truly don't know the answer to that question. IF takes the joy away from you, especially during early pregnancy. I really wish I were in 2nd tri and I could be a little more care free about everything.
In other news, yesterday afternoon, I noticed a bit of pain in my vag area, but it was more the urethra, rather than inside. I didn't really think anything of it, but then it started to get more pronounced and I started peeing like a freaking racehorse at least 2x an hour! Then the burning started and I knew - DAMMIT I HAVE A UTI!!! GAHHHHHHHHHH
I know they're more common when you're pregnant, but I really wanted to have sex last night and that wasn't even going to come close to happening because of how uncomfortable I felt. So today I called the OB (because I can't call the RE and get first class service anymore - wahhh) and luckily the poor woman took pity on me, I talked to the nurse and they called me in a prescription for a pregnancy approved antibiotic. WOO HOO! So now, I need to run to the pharmacy on my lunch break and pick it up. I'm hoping I'll start to feel some relief in a couple days. Man, does it suck when it hurts to pee.
Pregnant woman who pees a lot + burning every.single.time she pees = SHITSHOW
CONGRATULATIONS on your graduation! Wish you coul have a parade, but now you are just a normal pregnant woman! (which clrealy got proven with your very pregnancy-normal UTI!) So exciting!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on graduating! I hope you can soon feel like the anxiety has gone away and you can enjoy your pregnancy fully (like a non IF person).
ReplyDeleteCongrats girlie!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy that you are officially out of the RE's office and into the OB's! :-)