So today was graduation day!! or so I thought...
My appointment was at 11, so Nick and I left the house around 10:30 to allow for a bit of time to get to the office. We ended up getting there 10 minutes early and I nervously sign-in. The receptionist was like "umm Lisa, what brings you here today" and I tell here I'm here for an ultrasound. She asks what kind and I whispered "pregnancy" since there were other women in the waiting room. Then she drops the bombshell "Dr. S (who we were supposed to see after the u/s) isn't in on Wednesdays and your appointment is tomorrow at 11am"
SAY WHAAAAA????
So I'm standing there having a huge OH SHIT moment, like oh shit Nick took off work specifically to see the baby again, oh shit, I REALLY don't want to wait another 24 hours.
I'm lucky the ladies there love me and the u/s tech (thank you Robin!!!) squeezed me in for an u/s. I still need to come back tomorrow to meet with Dr. S and officially graduate, but I was so thankful we could see the baby again today.
All is good, the baby is measuring at 7.5 weeks and I'm 7w2d today. HB is 125, they wanted to see over 110. The absolute coolest thing was seeing the heart beating. We saw it last week, but it was a flicker, harder to see. Now the heart actually looks like a heart and we could clearly see it pumping away, it was amazing!!
So here is baby O from this morning.
You can see the little umbilical cord attached at the bottom left and he/she is about triple the size they were last week!! Little chunker :)
I'm hoping my little pregnancy brain fart isn't an indication of how the rest of the pregnancy is going to go or else I'm screwed - Lord help me!!

No comments:
Post a Comment