Beta #2 is in and it came back at 393 and my P4 level is great at 35!! Doubling time of 38 hours!
I go in for a final beta on Friday and then will have my u/s either the end of next week of the beginning of the following week! OH-EM-GEE!
In other news, I couldn't wait to tell my parents and told them last night. They knew about our IVF schedule so I really didn't want to keep them waiting. I always wanted to do a whole planned thing of how I told them, but since I couldn't really "surprise" them per-say I just told them over the phone. Their reaction was priceless! My dad got all choked up and was so excited and my mom was just crying. It was great, they're so happy for us!
Then we call my ILs and let me tell you it was THE most anti-climactic phone call ever! My MIL said "Oh nice" when we told her (in an incredibly monotone voice) and then asks when we find out if I'm having twins (she really wants them - even though we put in 1 blast) and when we'll know if it's a boy or girl?!?! REALLY? This is what you're concerned with right now? My FIL doesn't even get on the phone, it was horrible. They are absolutely obsessed with their other grandchild, so I guess I expected a different reaction from them. Nick was so hurt and I was upset, but we can't control their reaction and we're going to focus on ourselves right now and be super selfish. I just can't believe that after 21 months (all of which we've been very open about our struggles) my ILs couldn't even fake happiness...it sucks...
But I'm pregnant and happy and today is a good day!
so exciting!!! those are great beta numbers! cant wait for your ultrasound! so glad that u got a great reaction from your parents! i have always wanted to surprise mine too, but i dont think i can make that happen considering i plan to tell them the dates of everything! maybe i will lie and tell them my beta is a day later and surprise them! hell maybe i will do that for my hubby! can i turn quickly into a naive pregnant person and go out and buy him a onsie after a positive HPT?!
ReplyDeleteSorry about your inlaws...,y only hope for them to gv]ive them the benefit of the doubt is that a. they dont want to show you how excited they are before the ultrasoumd just in case or b. they are much more excited about the grandbaby part than the pregnancy part simce it dosent affect them as much. one can hope..
you are doing the right thing by focuing on your happiness!
Great beta!! Can't wait for that 1st u/s- it's so great when you actually get to see the baby in there!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that you got such a great reaction from your parents! It sucks about your inlaws, but like you said, you can't control it. Just keep being selfish- this is your moment!!
Great beta #2 Lisa!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that the in-laws weren't very receptive to your news. It is tough when people don't match up with our expectations, I am sure we have all dreamed of the moment when we tell our parents and when the moment falls flat it deflates you a bit.
Good luck at your ultrasound! Can't wait to start seeing pictures!