Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Liebster Award!

Ok so I'm finally getting around to doing this post about the Liebster award(s) I was nominated for. And don't worry, I'm posting beta #2 later today when they call me. To say that I'm nervous is a GREAT understatement.




Thanks to both Jessica from Project Make A Baby and Rebecca from Going thru infertility and life's adventures for the nominations and so sorry this is so delayed!!! This is an award given to new or up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. To accept the award, you must follow the rules below:


  • Tell 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
  • Choose 11 blogs with less than 200 followers to nominate and link to their blogs from your blog
  • Come up with 11 questions to ask the bloggers you nominate
  • Tell the 11 bloggers that you nominated them by posting on their blog
  • Link back to the person who nominated you and thank them dearly from the bottom of your heart!
  • No tag backs!
  • Post your award badge with pride!

11 random facts about myself:
  1. I was a really big tomboy growing up
  2. I went to an all women's college
  3. I met my husband in 9th grade but we didn't start dating until after I graduated highschool
  4. My husband's family still live across the street from my family (as they have since I was in the 9th grade)
  5. The only bone I've ever broken was my toe
  6. I broke my toe running into our swingset when I was 6
  7. I love Murder She Wrote and Matlock
  8. Which is why people have called me Grandma or Mama Lisa since I was in middle school
  9. I'm very animated when I speak or tell a story - some call me dramatic!
  10. I used to be really ticklish and I'm not anymore

11 questions from Rebecca:
  1. Favorite Color? Blue!
  2. Favorite Sports Team? Chicago Bulls
  3. Are you closer to your mom or dad and why? It really depends. My mom and I have had a rough relationship, but are still close, but my dad is my #1 fan, but I don't tell him everything
  4. Favorite Breakfast Food? Definitely a skillet or an omelette - I'm an eggs girl!
  5. Favorite TV show? This is always changing, but now I would say Scandal.
  6. Coffee or hot chocolate? Definitely coffee, but not now ;)!! 
  7. Favorite memory as a young adult? Meeting my husband!
  8. Favorite place to live? I really like Chicago, but my dream is to live out west in Colorado - near the mountains
  9. Favorite thing to do on weekends? Lay low with my husband, sleeping in, going out for dinner
  10. Favorite place to shop? Nordstrom all the way
  11. Favorite Charity to donate to? ASPCA - cruelty against animals sickens me

11 questions from Jessica:
  1. What is your favorite TV show? I'll switch this up and I really like The Walking Dead, which comes back on this Sunday!
  2. If we were on a road trip and you went into the convenience store to get a snack, what should it be? Snyder's honey mustard and onion pretzels and sparkling water\
  3. What is your favorite book from childhood? Goodnight Moon - I loved that book!
  4. How many pillows do you sleep with? Just one for now
  5. How do you drink your coffee and tea? Coffee is with skim milk and real sugar (not a lot) and tea is black (nothing in it)
  6. What is your favorite dinner recipe? I really like this goat cheese, honey mustard and pecan chicken I make - it's so easy and yummy!
  7. What kind of car do you drive? A Honda Civic Hybrid
  8. What is your favorite kind of shampoo? I really like Suave - it's cheap and makes my hair soft!
  9. What is your least favorite food? Hmm, this is tough because I pretty much like everything - maybe oysters? I don't like the texture and sliminess!
  10. Describe your best friend in 3 words Loyal, Supportive, Hysterical!
  11. What song is currently playing on repeat on your iPod? Arcade Fire "Suburbs"

My nominations (in no specific order and I only have 4 sorry!!): 

11 questions for my nominees:
  1. Bacon or Sausage, or neither?
  2. Stomach, Side, or Back sleeper?
  3. Coke or Pepsi?
  4. Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Or hate it with a passion?
  5. What's your favorite thing about winter and why?
  6. Socks, slippers, or bare feet and why?
  7. Warm or cold weather vacation and why?
  8. What's you favorite book of all time?
  9. Do you like getting manis and pedis or doing it yourself?
  10. Do you play a sport?
  11. Favorite type of restaurant?
Have a great Wednesday!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you played along! I have found so many great bloggers through the liebster nominations! Please share the chicken recipe - sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete