So I decided to do my first pregnancy update today even though I haven't taken a bump pic yet. I've already decided, like several other of my pregnant blogger/bump friends that I'm going to do the chalkboard bump updates (per the Little Baby Garvin blog that has been flying around Pinterest). I searched online for some other bump picture ideas, including other Pinterest ideas, but this is the one I like the most and think will look the best in my pregnancy/baby book photo album I'm going to compile. Nick and I are going to get the frame and chalkboard paint sometime this week and I think we'll start the pictures with 7 weeks instead of 6. I did decide though that I'm going to wear the same outfit each week, because I really want to see how different my body is going to look in the same clothes from week 7 to week 40 (if I make it that far!).
So that means, I need to get a maternity outfit this weekend. I'm probably going to go simple with a plain white t and some jeans, but we'll see.
Oh and because of all the excitement yesterday I forgot to update that I was told yesterday that I have mild OHSS and cysts on my ovaries and to cut back on the water. So I'm drinking Gatorade again - ICK
How far along? 6 weeks, 1 day
Size of Baby: TheBump says sweet pea
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not sure. I haven't gotten on the scale yet. I bet I haven't gained anything since ER day though, but we'll see next week.
Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I'm going to pick up an outfit this weekend. I have whipped out the BeBand I bought the other weekend because the bloat is out of control!
Gender: Obviously team Green for now, but we're definitely going to find out
Belly Button In/Out: In
Stretch Marks: Nope and hopefully not at all. My mom didn't get any and I've picked up some cocoa butter so we'll see how it goes
Labor Signs: No and hopefully not for a VERY long time
Movement: Not yet, but I can't WAIT until I get to feel that.
Sleep: OMG, I'm SO TIRED ALL THE FREAKING TIME! And I slept like absolute crap last night, so my eyes are closing right now - UGH.
Cravings/Aversions: No real cravings per say, but I have had a lot of Mexican food lately and I'm definitely finding that carbs agree with me a bit more than anything else. Also, I cannot stand the smell or look of chicken, ground beef, etc.
Symptoms: Extreme fatigue, really sore boobs, headaches, bloat, peeing every 10 minutes, slight nausea when I don't eat, really sensitive sense of smell and really vivid dreams
Feeling: Incredibly happy that everything looked good yesterday at the ultrasound and we saw the heartbeat. Knowing that today I am still pregnant is awesome! But at the same time, I'm still nervous and know things can change in an instant.
Best Moment this Week: Seeing our little pumpkin and his/her heartbeat beating away!
What I Miss: Sex, but we got the all clear yesterday. Oh and my pants not being tight and actually fitting me!
What I am Looking Forward To: 2nd ultrasound next Wednesday and officially "graduating" from the RE!
Milestones: Seeing the baby's heartbeat and the baby measuring right on track
Baby Milestones: Heart started to beat, brain continues to develop. Nose, mouth and ears are beginning to take shape. Intestines are developing.
Next Appointment: February 27, 2013 - 2nd and final ultrasound with my RE and March 13 is my first OB appointment
Looking forward to your weekly bump pics!
ReplyDeleteLove!! Can't wait for all the bump pics!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your first bump pic! Keep in mind that if you get a white top you will eventually need jeans that have a nude colored panel. I didn't realize that and the few pairs of maternity jeans I had had a blue colored panel that you could see through the white top, so not sexy! I recently bought a pair of jeans with a nude colored panel so i'm back to wearing the white tops :)
ReplyDeleteOoh good point! Thanks for the tip Lisbeth!
DeleteCan't wait for bump pics!
ReplyDelete