Monday, September 17, 2012

IUI #2 - September 7, 2012


This second cycle has gone a little better than the first because I now know more of what to expect, but during this cycle at my CD12 monitoring appointment my follies were good (1 on each ovary measuring about 18 mm each) but my uterine lining was at 4.8 mm! They want it to be at least above a 7 to do an IUI. So I was put on vaginal estrace (an estrogen pill) which I took 3x before I went in for another monitoring appointment the next day. Well now my lining was at 7.4! I had an almost 3mm growth in thickness in 24 hours from just 3 vaginal estrogen pills, I guess that stuff really works!

When the nurse called later that day, I was told to trigger the next night (HCG shot in my butt) after 6pm and then go in for the IUI the next morning at 9:30 a.m. The day of the IUI I wasn't nervous, but I did want to hear the # of motile sperm and we were at 8 million this time - WOOT WOOT!!! So I obviously have a much better chance this cycle than I did last cycle. My fingers are still crossed, I go in for my beta on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment