I found a place online rated by the BBB and had a certified ultrasound technician and I saw they were open on Sundays so I made an appointment for us at 3pm. Yesterday, we were so excited, anxious, nervous and I knew there was a chance the baby might not cooperate or we might not get a clear shot. We got to the place a little early and it was really nice. We finally got back into the room and our LO has gotten SO big since our last ultrasound and was wiggling all over the place. We got some awesome pictures of the spine and a hand with fingers and the profile but when it came to finding out the sex, it was a no go. Baby would NOT move into a good position and the legs were covering the goods! So I ate a piece of chocolate, walked around a bit and we tried again, no go AGAIN! So the tech sent us to McDonald's for me to get something to eat and told me to get a Coke to get some caffeine in me. So I got a cheeseburger, some fries and a Coke and MAN did that all taste SO good. I wanted to drink the whole Coke but Nick wouldn't let me because I hadn't had caffeine all pregnancy and he didn't want me to have too much.
After our stop we headed back to the place and as soon as I laid down and she put the want on my stomach, BAM, baby's bottom with legs kicked out (saw both feet) and gave us a great shot of the goods. I knew RIGHT away what it was before the tech even said anything and it's a...
BOY!!!!! We couldn't be happier. I had a feeling it was boy since before the NT scan, and they predicted boy then too. We'll get another shot of our little man in a month at the anatomy scan, but we are just SO excited. We're going to name him Hunter Stephen. Hunter is a name that was Nick's #1 and was in my top 5 and I now love it. And Stephen is my dad's name. I can't wait to tell him what Hunter's middle name is going to be. He's been such an amazing father and we wanted to honor him by giving our first born his grandfather's name. Now our entire family had NO idea we were doing this, since it was really spontaneous, they think they have to wait at least a month to find out, so we're going to tell our families on Mother's Day and I cannot WAIT to see their surprise and reactions. I think we're going to frame a picture of us and the It's a Boy chalkboard I'll show in a bit and give that as their mother's day presents. Nick is going to snap some photos when we do that, so we're super excited to surprise them. Then I know my mom will yell at me for being sneaky!!
So, now I'll have my obligatory check-in followed by a few pictures of the ultrasound. And because I have no shame, I'm going to show the picture of the goods. And we got one in 3D too - hysterical! I couldn't stop laughing saying how Hunter must be so embarrassed we're looking at his penis in 3D to which Nick replies, we'll be seeing a whole lot of it in October. True, honey, very very true! Now I just can't wait to meet our little man!!!
How far along? 16 weeks
Size of Baby: The Bump says an avocado - Yumm!!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Even
Maternity Clothes: Yep, LOVE THEM!
Sex of Baby: Just found out!!! BOY!!!!!
Belly Button In/Out: In
Stretch Marks: Nope
Labor Signs: Nope
Movement: Not really sure. I don't think so, but there have been a couple times when I've felt what might be some popping or flutters, but it could be just gas. It's very inconsistent and it doesn't last very long.
Sleep: Still sucks because I have to pee so freaking much but the Snoogle is AMAZING. It's helping me get comfortable and supports my back which is amazing.
Cravings/Aversions: Still all about the BLTs and my latest, totally cliche pregnancy craving - PICKLES! YUMMM
Symptoms: Fatigue, peeing, RLP, back pain, hip pain, headaches, dizziness. No indigestion or heartburn yet, but I feel like that's coming.
Feeling: SO happy and excited. I cannot WAIT to meet Hunter. Also, feeling a bit overwhelmed because we have a LOT to do before he comes and I'm 16 weeks - eeek!!
Best Moment this Week: Definitely finding out we're having a little man!
What I Miss: Sleeping through the night.
What I am Looking Forward To: Movement and meeting my new midwife in a couple weeks.
Milestones: Finding out the sex, and it starting to feel a lot more real now. I know it's crazy that I'm 1 month away from being half-baked and it's finally starting to feel real, but I was just consumed with a lot of fear before, and I finally feel like I'm beginning to relax a bit and enjoy being pregnant.
Baby Milestones: Hunter is now between 4.3 and 4.7 inches long from crown to rump and weighs about 2.73 oz. He is growing very fast! His muscles are developing and he can hold his head erect and in a straight line. His facial muscles can form a variety of expressions. I swore we saw him yawn yesterday. His nails are well formed and he is emptying out his bladder every 40-45 minutes (like mama almost!!) He is covered in lanugo and his ears have moved from the neck to the head!
Next Appointment: May 15 - 1st midwife appointment, then Anatomy scan is the next week.
And now, here are pictures of Hunter from yesterday. Sorry I'm showing off your goods baby!!
![]() |
| Hunter in 3D - see it's kind of creepy!! |
![]() |
| He has his head turned away and you can see his spine |
![]() |
| I love that we can see his little hand by his head and his spine again - so cool!! |







So exciting! Welcome to the boy club!
ReplyDeleteYay!! I love all the pictures - you can see so much detail.
ReplyDelete