Monday, November 19, 2012

And the waiting continues

I knew this was going to be a long process and there was going to be a lot of waiting going on - waiting to end BCPs, waiting to start Lupron, waiting to start stims, etc. But today, when I went in for my baseline b/w and u/s appointment, I figured since I was super boring after the BCPs that it would be the same today and I would start stims tonight and would be a little less than 2 weeks away from ER.

But of course that isn't what happened today is it? My E2 levels are too high to start stimming - they're at 107 and I have a small follie growing. Well isn't that just fan-freaking-tas-tic?? So instead of starting stims tonight I'm still on the 10 units of Lupron until Friday when I go back in for b/w and u/s. Hopefully at that point I'll be fully suppressed and can start the stims.

Ugh, I just wish for once that things would go my way. I knew IVF was going to be a waiting game, but I am getting seriously impatient. I was thinking about it before and if I was still doing IUIs, I would be on IUI #5 by now!! I know I have a lot better chance to get pregnant with IVF, especially with our MFI dx, but this just sucks. I feel like I'm in a holding pattern until my body decides to cooperate!

So, now my ER will probably be sometime around 12/5 or 12/6 and my beta will be probably about 5 days before Christmas. I know it's a minor setback, but in my mind I was all ready to start my Follistim tonight and now I unfortunately have to continue with the Lupron and wait until Friday to see what's up. Come on body - suppress yourself!! As soon as I typed that I started to sing "Suppress Yourself" to the tune of "Express Yourself" - this Lupron is making me bat shit cray cray!

The one thing that is keeping me from not going completely crazy is the fact that Thanksgiving is this week and it's one of my favorite holidays behind Christmas! Bring on the FOOD!!

And look what my fortune cookie said the other day! How true and prophetic is that?!?! Maybe this is a sign of good things to come? Let's hope so.



5 comments:

  1. Your fortune cookies says it all. Hang in there! You are putting so much time, effort and $ into this IVF you want things to go perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome fortune! Mine are always lame and not applicable to my life at all, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same thing happened to me! I had a saline u/s about week 2 of BCPs and they looked at my ovaries and I had lots of little follies and RE said it looked good and quiet. So a week later I was shocked to find out my b/w was a 75 and there was a 10 mm follie on each ovary growing! AHHH!! I want to start out perfect. My RE had me do 2 extra days of BCPs and 2 evenings of ganirelix shots. I had repeat b/w the next morning after the 2nd shot and I was down to a 10! So, all that to say this is normal! But, it does suck that your schedule is pushed back. I am in the middle of stims right now. GL to you!

    PS: Can I get the name of your chinese place? B/c I need a good fortune right now too!

    (www.anotherivfblog.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you lots of luck! Waiting is the worst part of this all.

    ReplyDelete