Monday, November 12, 2012

Lupron = Major Ragefest

Ok, so I was somewhat prepared for the side effects of Lupron, one of them being the headaches, oh lawd the headaches. Seriously, I had a couple when I was on the BCPs, but since I started the Lupron on Friday, I have had a dull aching headache for the past 3 days. And I'm on the Lupron for 7 more days, this should be fun. Also, the injection site really burns after I do the injection. I'm waiting for the alcohol to dry, so that's not the issue, but it just burns. It's not overwhelming or all that bad, just another annoying thing to deal with.

But the worst part about the Lupron is my rage. I mean, it's BAD. I've never been the most patient person before and from my "I suck at life" post a while back you can see that in general I don't like large crowds of people. But let me tell you since I've been on the Lupron I have been a raging bitch, I'll be the first to admit it. I'm snapping at everyone, mostly Nick because he's there and bless his heart is he handling it well. He generally just rolls his eyes and laughs at me and says I'm going off the deep end, which actually doesn't make me more mad, it makes me laugh and realize I'm being psychotic. But yesterday was the WORST.

We were super productive this weekend and got a lot done around the house, finally got the outside all ready for winter, ordered a face cord of firewood before it snows, cleaned the house, did laundry, etc. And that was all on Saturday. So Sunday was our Costco/grocery store run because we were out of toilet paper/paper towels, etc. and we had no food in the house. As we're on our way to Costco - the fastest way is to take the interstate, of course I end up behind the slowest driver in the history of the world as we get off the exit and of course they're also going to Costco and I'm raging at them. Nick is just laughing away and telling me to breathe and this time I'm not laughing, I'm just pissed. Then we pull into the shitshow of a parking lot and I park super far away because I'd rather walk then have to deal with people fighting over parking spots close to the door - lazy asses (see I'm raging still).

Then we walk into Costco and it is shitshow galore. I mean I've never seen that many people there, and of course every single one of them has babies or small children who are running wild and I keep thinking to myself, "One day, when I'm a mom, I'm not letting my kids run wild in Costco" And again people with the freaking samples, OMG - this is not how you're supposed to eat lunch people!!!!

Thank goodness we got through there in one piece, but let me tell you how many times I almost yelled at people for being too slow, clogging up the aisles, being annoying in general, etc.

Then we get home and I'm still all ragey, getting annoyed that Nick won't help putting away the shitton of stuff we bought and annoyed that the dogs were under my feet - I love them, but I was just annoyed and raging. I couldn't even watch the Bears game because I was so hot under the collar that a football game we were losing was NOT a good decision. So I read my book and drank my tea by the fire with my damn headaches that Tylenol do NOTHING for.

All in all, I am a lovely human being right now! I wonder what's going to happen when I start stims next week - CAN'T WAIT. I'm sure Nick is super excited for the ball o fun I'm going to be.

Oh, but I made pulled pork in the pressure cooker last night and homemade cornbread, pic below. And I have to share a couple photos of how cute my dog is (Sorry Callie for yelling at you!). Cain doesn't like to get his picture taken and is always moving, so I couldn't get any shots of him.

Yummy yummy cornbread

Such a lazy couch hogging girl!
And when I try to get her off the couch, this is what she does - how can I deny her??

And in other news - took my last BCP last night - woot woot!!!

3 comments:

  1. I have learned to NEVER go to Costco when on fertility medicine! I wanted to yell at and punch every person in there, thankfully DH was there to hold me back, lol. As for the headache, regular Tylenol blows but have you tried Extra Strength Tylenol Rapid Release Capsules? I swear within minuets my headache is gone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion about the Extra Strength Tylenol - I'm going to get some of those tonight!!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Lisbeth! Costco is trying enough without the extra hormones! lol glad you made it through ok :)

    ReplyDelete