Finally had our IVF consult with Dr. S today. Everything went well, I didn't necessarily learn anything new (Thank You thebump.com!), but all of my questions got answered and I feel very prepared and ready to move onto the actual cycle now! I am SO done with BCPs and call me crazy all you want, but I'm ready for my injects. Ok maybe not so ready for the Lupron headaches or the PIO after the transfer, but I want to get this show on the road!!
Dr. S thinks I'm going to respond really well, he's actually a little bit nervous about OHSS with me and dialed back my Follistim dose and says he's going to watch me extremely closely because if I produce more than 30 eggs he's going to have to cancel the cycle and he won't even retrieve any because the OHSS would get worse with the HCG trigger. I basically want to have over 4 but less than 30 follicles with 10-20 being ideal. I'm hoping a bit closer to the 20 range so we can hopefully get some frosties!
We also chatted about Nick freezing some of his sperm if for some reason his sample isn't so great the day of the retrieval and we also discussed him freezing several vials for the future. The urologist basically doesn't have a reason why his count and motility are low (meaning no hormone issues or variocele, etc.) and if we want to be safe and make sure there's sperm in the future we should freeze some. We're still not sure if we want to do that and Nick keeps seeing dollar signs ($$$) as do I, but it's something up for discussion.
So I go in for b/w and u/s next Friday to see how everything looks and if I can start the Lupron. I was feeling really confident when we got home, I called and ordered the meds for delivery next Tuesday (obligatory picture will be taken) and then, because I'm a masochist and am addicted to Facebook, do my usual 3pm Facebook troll. And what do you know, Nick's cousin is pregnant and due in May. And his other cousin is due in January and both were married later than we were. Now I don't know if any of them had issues and I am happy for them, it's not like I'm mad they're pregnant, it's just a kick in the gut and reminds me that I'm in the minority here and the only way I'm having a baby is by having an Dr. retrieve my eggs, inject them with Nick's sperm and put them back in my uterus. It sucks, but I am SO thankful for the science of modern medicine.
And you know what I want to do to IF today - kick that bitch straight in her ovaries.....oh and a kick to the ute too, and also the boobs, because that hurts like a mother.
FU IF!!
I don't know why the picture is of what looks like a super old man, but oh well, the sentiment comes across

Yay for getting started!! Also, not sure if this would apply to you or not but we froze DHs sample just as a backup and the lab said that as long as it is a backup for the ER day it didn't cost us a thing. If we had wanted to keep it for the future it would have cost $$$ though. May be worth looking into... GL!
ReplyDelete