UGH, so annoying! I feel like I can't escape the fertiles of the world!
I'm in the office today, which is nice because it's a change of scenery, I get to come into Chicago on a beautiful fall day and I am actually wearing work clothes, which is nice. But I walk in my row to go to my cube and a colleague of mine who I hadn't seem in a couple months looks like she's about to pop! I knew she was pregnant, but I just hadn't seen her in a while. She looks absolutely great and glowing and happy and everything I want, and it was just a kick in the gut. She's due in November and is having a girl and seems so excited, and I really am happy for her, she's a total sweetheart, I just wish it was me.
Then at lunch, the woman who works for me needed to go to this jewelry store that a common friend of ours owns to pick up her husband's wedding band (they just got married and he needed it resized) and as we're walking in to see here, I kind of thought to myself she is either pregnant, or is just really bloated/gained a little weight. As we're talking she blurts out "I'm 8 weeks pregnant!" Ugh, another kick to the gut. They JUST got married in April and she said it was a complete surprise and she's not 100% sure how she feels about it yet, yadi yadi yadda, on and on about she can't believe it, they weren't even trying, blah blah whoopity freaking doo da. UGHHHHH!
So it's just been one of those days I'm reminded that I'm a freak of nature infertile. Blah...oh and to top it all off my freaking contacts are killing me today! I feel exactly like the guy in the cartoon below - in fact, this screen is a little blurry right now. Am I spelling everything correctly, am I even making any freaking sense? Can I go home now??

No comments:
Post a Comment