Monday, October 29, 2012

IVF Day 9 - Insomnia Insanity

Ok so I totally don't really remember being on BCPs when I was in college, which feels like it was ages ago. All I remember about it is how it made me board the hormonal crazy train and I HATED having to remember to take a pill every damn night.

Well folks, not sure if this is 100% a side effect of the BCPs, or is due to the worrying/overthinking IVF, probably a combination of both, but I CANNOT sleep. I have gotten maybe 12 hours of sleep in the past 4 days. I'm exhausted and I can't even nap either. I tried to nap all weekend long and all I did was lay there. You know how sometimes you get so tired and want to fall asleep so badly that you start to cry? Yeah, well that was me this weekend. Ugh, this totally blows, I can't even listen to my Circle & Bloom and meditate for 15 minutes because my mind doesn't turn off and my body can't relax. I'm all jittery like I'm hopped up on caffeine or something. Which reminds me, I decided to not drink coffee because I'm having issues falling asleep anyways, but it is impossible to get through the day. Thank goodness I work from home, but seriously, I'm sitting here at 9:51 a.m. and all I can think about is sleep.

Good news is I'm on my 2nd week of BCPs and our IVF consult is on Thursday.

Ugh, this is going to be a long day!!


1 comment:

  1. Ugh that sucks! I'm having trouble sleeping too though my problem is the PIO is making me so thirsty which makes me drink tons of water and then I wake up a million times a night to pee!! Hope you get some decent shut eye soon... Also, I wanted to let you know I nominated your blog for a Liebster Blog Award :)

    ReplyDelete