Tuesday, October 23, 2012

IVF Day 4

So I decided to change the name of my posts from CDs (conception days) to IVF days, because the IVF process is about 2 months long and I'll have 2 periods while going through it.

I got the call from the nurse yesterday that everything looked good and I can start the IVF cycle, which was what I was expecting, but still that's good news. After my appointment yesterday I went to Walgreen's to get my BCP prescription filled and it was SO weird to get BCPs again. I was on them forever and then switched to Mirena (an IUD) right before I got married. I haven't been on BC since college. It was SUPER weird to take my first pill last night, I almost felt like I shouldn't be doing this.

I set an alarm on my phone for 9pm every day for the next 3 weeks because I was so used to NOT taking anything that I don't want to forget. I asked the nurse what the protocol was for me and this IVF and she doesn't know yet so she can't give me an estimated timing as to when the ER/ET could be. I'll find that all out when we go in for the IVF consult next week. That's going to be a long appointment! I have so many questions and we need to talk protocol and meds and then Nick and I have to sign about a bajillion consent forms ranging from consent for ICSI, awareness of risk of transferring more than 1 embryo  selective reduction sheets, legal stuff if we have any frosties and one of us dies or we divorce in the future before the frosties are transferred. I didn't even think about all of that stuff before and IVF is forcing us to discuss it and decide BEFORE next Thursday. The last thing I want to do is get there and we're not on the same page. So far though, with everything we've discussed, Nick and I are on the same page, which is good. IF is stressful enough, I wouldn't want to have a disagreement over stuff like this.

So now the waiting game begins until I know what the protocol is. I feel like IF is just a whole bunch of waiting, but I've gained a LOT more patience than I ever thought possible while going through this. And I have to remind myself "Impatience is not a fertility issue." I think I'll feel more in control when I know what the plan is. I'm super lame and already created a calendar for the next 2 months where I can track the meds I need to take, consults, monitoring appointments, etc. There is a LOT to keep track of. And until next Thursday I'm just on the BCPs and of course taking my prenatal every night.


No comments:

Post a Comment