Monday, October 22, 2012

CD 3 - IVF here I come

So I knew she was coming, and considering I was encouraging her arrival, she decided to show up in full force during my romantic weekend away with Nick. At least we got in some fun (wink wink) before she showed up Saturday morning. I had about 30 minutes to mourn this cycle being a BFN before I moved on to thinking about the next step....IVF (dun dun dunnnn). Really it's not that bad, I know it isn't, it's just overwhelming right now, but I know I'll take it one day at a time (thanks online friends for that advice) and we'll get through it!

Went in for CD3 b/w and u/s this morning. U/S tech said I looked good and boring, which is awesome, meaning no cysts, nothing glaring that would prevent me from moving to IVF. Just waiting for the nurse to call with the official word and b/w results saying I have the all clear and can start the IVF process. Step 1 is taking BCPs for 3 weeks so the RE will have absolute control over my cycle. My cycles are already pretty regular, so I was kind of like, well why do I have to do that, but it's protocol at their office and at least it gives me time to get all my meds (eek there will be a lot i know), have another IVF consult and get myself prepared for the process.

I've been doing a lot of reading up and research on IVF and feel like I'm really prepared, although I have a TON of questions for our consult with Dr. S next week. All in all, I'm pretty optimistic.

And in other wonderful news, Nick and I just booked a trip for April to go back to the island in the BVIs we traveled to for our honeymoon. We're actually going back to the same resort!! It was a total spur of the moment thing, but we got an AMAZING deal, I'm talking so great we couldn't pass it up. Yeah I know I know, we're doing IVF, so booking a trip was probably not the most financially responsible thing to do, but I just heard about my bonus that I'm getting in December and that will cover the majority of the trip, so we're doing it.

So this trip will be one of 2 things. Either it will be a babymoon, or it will be a perfect mental health break after months of IF treatments. Obviously I hope it's the former, but I'll take the trip back to the place we celebrated our first week of marriage anytime. So this is a good distraction going through IVF - gives me a beach to look forward to!


No comments:

Post a Comment