Thursday, October 11, 2012

CD 21: 6dpIUI

Haven't posted in a while as nothing new is really going on. I am testing out my trigger again this month, which I don't know why after I really psyched myself out this month, but I just KNOW I won't be able to resist PIAC before my beta, so I mine as well know if I'm getting a positive from the trigger rather than a true positive right?? Ugh, that's what I've been saying to convince myself.

But this 2ww has been ok so far, I haven't been thinking about it too much, I think that's because I'm convinced we're headed to IVF. I should probably try to adjust my mindset there and be a bit more positive, not that I think your attitude makes a difference in the outcome, but still. But on the other hand, if I don't get my hopes up too much, I won't be as devastated to get a negative beta or AF.

I think my biggest concern at this point isn't even that this cycle is a bust, it's that I'm finding out right before Nick and I are leaving to celebrate my 28th birthday at a romantic B&B. We need the time apart just the 2 of us, but getting another reminder right before we leave is going to be rough. I'm going to try my darndest to have a great weekend with my husband, but I know it's going to be hard. CD1 during a medicated cycle is always me crying almost all day, drinking wine and watching chick flicks. Not something I can really do in a cabin with no TV that's set up for romance. Also, maybe it's a good thing I'll be away on a mini vacay when I find out, it might lessen the blow.

For some reason this cycle, I'm worried that I didn't ovulate or if I ovulated I'm worried they did the IUI too soon and it happened too soon before I ovulated. I had the IUI Friday morning, but didn't feel ovulation pains (or something like them) until Saturday and then felt some again on the other side on Sunday. But they weren't as strong as usual. I'm sure I'm reading way too far into this but I'm pretty anxious for my P4 b/w tomorrow. Even though every other cycle my P4 levels have been good and it shows that I've ovulated I think I might ask for P4 supplements this cycle (something I haven't done before) - it can't hurt anything.

Man, the 2ww is definitely the hardest part...UGH.



No comments:

Post a Comment