Wednesday, October 3, 2012

CD13 - Holy Bloat Batman!

Man, I'm SO sick of the RE's office this week, I went in Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for monitoring because my follicles were growing slowly and my lining was thin, so they wanted to see improvement, but I mean come on already! I'm sick of getting my vein poked and prodded and since I only have one good vein for blood on my right arm I keep getting stuck there, my poor vein is begging me to stop!

Also, I have the WORST BLOAT ever!! This is my first cycle with injects, so I think they might be to blame, or I'm just retaining water, which could definitely be the case. But whatever it is, my pants are SO tight! Thank goodness I work from home a lot so I can wear yoga pants. I've also heard that IVF bloat is WAY worse....yikes, I may need to buy some fat pants if we head in that direction!

I just got a great call from the nurse and here is the plan for IUI#3. One more 50iu of Follistim tonight, HCG trigger tomorrow and IUI Friday morning. Also, I have 3 nice sized follies. 19.8mm and 18.3mm on my right and a 17.8 on my left. My lining was at 7.1mm and they think by Friday I'll be over 8mm which is what they like to see for IUI.

I'm oddly calm about this cycle, but we'll see how I am during the 2WW, which I think will be the most torturous because if this IUI doesn't work we're going straight to IVF, which I'm super nervous about. 

In other news, Nick and I have a dreaded baby shower to attend on Saturday. It's for a friend of my SIL who is due around the same time Nick and I would have been having our baby had I not had a CP. It's just really hard seeing all of her pictures pregnant and just thinking that could have been me. I've come to terms with the fact that I am not pregnant and she is and I have no control over it, but it still stings a bit. Luckily it's a couples baby shower and another couple will be there who are also struggling with IF, so thankfully we won't be alone. She called me about a week ago because she just had her first meeting with her RE. I recommended the same clinic we attend, but she's seeing a different RE because she lives too far away from my office. It felt really great to speak to someone on the phone about IF and the pressure and struggles it puts on your emotionally and financially, especially the strain it puts on your sex life. Man, how I miss being so naive about this stuff and not thinking about getting pregnant every time I have sex with my husband. I miss spontaneous sex, I miss drunk sex, I miss I can't get enough of you sex. Sure, that happens with us every once in a while, but more often than not we're both thinking about IF and Nick is concerned about his sperm and I'm concerned about our timing and my lining, it's exhausting. 

So Nick said he's going to come to the IUI with me on Friday, which he's never done before because of work, and I'm kind of excited. I know I'm being superstitious, but maybe by him being there we'll have a better chance. He told me he's going to have a little pep talk to his sperm before they put the catheter in me. He's too funny. I literally laughed for a minute straight when he said that. Nothing like my amazing husband to put a smile on my face and make me laugh. Man I love him so much and cannot wait to see him as a father to our child(ren).


No comments:

Post a Comment