Monday, October 1, 2012

CD11

So I've been MIA for a while. Work was crazy last week because I was taking time off to go down to Florida for a wedding and we just flew back in yesterday, so suffice it to say it's been a little nuts!

I had my CD11 b/w and u/s this morning after I did my 5 nights of Clomid followed by 2 nights of 50ius of Follistim. I have 2 nice sized follies (17.5mm and 16mm) and a couple other smaller ones. But my uterine lining was still thin, at about 5mm. I thought taking the injects was supposed to HELP?!? So I am taking the Estrace, do another shot of Follistim tonight and go back in tomorrow morning for another monitoring appointment. I was supposed to go into the office tomorrow but of course have to go to the Dr. instead.

I'm thinking IUI will be on Wednesday or Thursday of this week, but we'll see.

Let me tell you about the first time I gave myself a shot in the belly! Follistim needs to be refrigerated and I was travelling with it, so I had my little lunch box and my ice packs and was all set. I was fully prepared for them to search my bag at the airport, but they didn't even stop me. You know what they stopped me for? My freaking toiletries! That they weren't in the 1 quart bag, I had them in a gallon bag. I'm travelling with needles galore and medication and they're concerned about my toiletries? Weird...

So I have to give myself the shot between 6-9pm Saturday night, but a little problem, I'm going to be at a wedding then. So I lug my lunch box along with my dress clutch to the wedding and all during the reception I'm freaking out, just thinking about what I have to do in an hour. When the time finally comes, I literally took 20 minutes of just starting at the needle and looking down at my belly and dry heaving. It took all the courage in my body to give myself that shot, but i'm so proud I did it! And last night I was still nervous, but I did it again, with Nick watching me, saying "just do it already!" Well screw you honey, want me to jab this in your stomach?? So I think tonight will be even easier, here's to hoping!


No comments:

Post a Comment