Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Come on AF - show up already

Another BFN this morning at 12dp IUI...I don't know why I keep testing, but I do. I know I'm a masochist.

I called the RE's office this morning and cancelled my beta. In my opinion there is absolutely no reason for me to go in and get poked just to remind myself I'm not pregnant. If by some miracle I end up being pregnant (chances slim to none) I'll just go in next week. Now I'm just waiting for AF to show up. I don't think I've actually ever welcomed her until now. I just want to get this show on the road, and by this show, I mean IVF. It's a longer process than doing an IUI, because with IUI you can start right away after AF, granted you don't have any cysts and b/w is good. With IVF, the RE wants to regulate my cycle with BCPs, which I'll take for 3 weeks, then get my period, start my stims and schedule the ER and ET.

I'm thinking based on the fact that my cycles are pretty textbook, I'll be doing ER and ET at the beginning of December. Geez that seems a long ways off but then at the same time it seems so close. I'm definitely nervous but also really excited to be moving to the next step, a step where I have a much larger chance of getting pregnant than ever before.

I've been receiving a lot of support from the online forum "The Bump" that I'm a part of and I'm truly grateful that there are other women out there who understand what I'm going through and we can offer support to each other. Unfortunately my family isn't as supportive as I thought they would be, but that's another blog post. For now, come on AF!


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear this IUI most likely didn't work. GL with IVF!! I post regularly on TB.com too, are you on 3T or IF??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisbeth, AF showed up on Saturday, so we're now IVFers. I normally post on 3T, but just intro-ed on IF since we're IVF now.

    ReplyDelete