Monday, January 28, 2013

2dp5dt - Lock me up, I'm CRAY

AGH, this is going to be the longest 8 days of my life. I'm trying to keep myself occupied, I swear I am, but working from home, especially on a really slow day at work allows for way too much time to obsess and Google. I should have listened to my bump friends, but I didn't, and I'm regretting it. I should have listened to the all knowing women of the bump - they are wise!

The things I've been seriously thinking about/obsessing over today (here's an eye into the crazy mind of Lisa - I won't blame you if you unfollow me after reading this, really I won't, well maybe I will be offended for like a hot minute, but I'd get over it - my neuroses are showing and it isn't pretty):

  • In 8 days I could find out my positive beta and be pregnant
  • In 8 days I could have an emotional breakdown after not being pregnant
  • At least I have 2 frosties waiting
  • Are those implantation cramps? Ooh goodie!
  • Will stress and obsessing affect the embryo implanting? Probably - I need to stress and obsess less
  • But is it bad to sleep on my stomach? I'm going to try more side sleeping tonight
  • At least my boobs are a little sore, that's good right?
  • Ugh, it's just the damn progesterone messing with me
  • At least the PIO shots don't hurt too much, Nick is really good at them
  • I need a nap!! Yay, good sign!
  • Dammit, it's just the progesterone making me want to take a nap
  • Maybe if I send positive vibes to my uterus, good things will happen (runs off to listen to more circle & bloom)
  • Ugh, if I think too positively, I'll be that much more crushed by a negative
  • Ok, what can I do to distract myself? New book, arrange to get new carpet put in, new tv show??
  • I wonder if I just go to bed really early every night if the time will pass quicker?
I could continue, trust me, there is a LOT more going on in that neurotic mind of mine. I told you, I'm certifiable, bat shit cray cray, commit me now!! Oh that's a good one! Lock me up so I can't look at Google and have access to pee sticks.

But seriously though, I am going a little crazy, but for the most part I'm trying to be optimistic and I am having a lot of dull cramping today, which according to my handy dandy chart, could possibly mean the embryo is attaching to my uterus and implantation should be beginning tomorrow and Wednesday.

Days Past
Transfer (DPT)
Embryo Development
OneThe blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
TwoThe blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus WE ARE HERE!!!
ThreeThe blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
FourImplantation continues
FiveImplantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
SixHuman chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
SevenFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
EightFetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
NineLevels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

So my fingers are crossed for good news. And I'm TOTALLY POAS before the beta. Did  you not READ what I just posted above? You think I can wait until next Tuesday? Pshaaahh



4 comments:

  1. This is prety much what the inside of my head sounds like all the time, so I will not unfollow you!!! The "what ifs" are insane! But I really do think that the dull cramping sounds like a real winner!! What day will you POAS? Ninth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not crazy :)! I hope the cramping is a good sign as well. I think I might POAS around 7dp5dt, but we'll see!

      Delete
  2. I found your blog from the bump. I'm a successful IVF-ER myself. Also transferred one blast. I will tell you at 4dp5dt I had a dull ache - cramp on my right lower side ALL day. Again it wasn't bad enough to stop me from doing anything but it was most definetly there all.day.long. This was the same day my appetite started to get funky and things stopped appealing to me. And then at 7dp5dt my boobs stopped hurting and I freaked out thinking I was out. Cue ugly meltdown! But all was well. Good luck to you - I know what a mind game the 2ww is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear, thanks for chiming in! Congrats on you successful IVF!!

      Delete