Wednesday, January 16, 2013

2nd monitoring appointment

I had my 2nd monitoring appointment this morning, 24 hours after my one yesterday and after I dropped the Follistim completely and am just taking the Menopur. Which by the way, burns like a mother effer. Ick. I wasn't expecting it to and thought it was going to be like the Follistim, so I'm like "hum dee dum, I'm a pro at this injection shit" pushed in the plunger and then a slew of slurs just start coming out of my mouth. And my stomach was bleeding after I took out the needle and I have a nice bruise today - FUN. I am DREADING the Menopur shot tonight, but I'll go through all the pain, shots etc. because the outcome is totally worth it.

I just received the call from the nurse and I'm progressing nicely. I now have 49 total follicles (EEEKKK), but only 14 of them are measurable between 10-14.5 mm and my E2 level was 1294, so a much better rise than before. She said it's really good to have measurable follies all within the same range, instead of having a couple big ones and lots of smaller ones. I will continue the same dosage tonight (75iu of Menopur, 10u of Lupron) and go back in again tomorrow morning for another monitoring appointment and I made an appointment for Friday morning too. Still at a high risk of OHSS so they're keeping a very close eye on me, which I'm grateful for.

I wouldn't be surprised if I only stim for 8-9 days at the rate I'm going, but we shall see. I'm beginning to feel very uncomfortable with all of those follies growing and all I can wear is sweatpants or yoga pants at this point. I had on jeans to my appointment this morning and it was UNCOMFORTABLE - ugh. So thankful I work from home and have the luxury of wearing whatever I want, which at this point is sweatpants a t-shirt and a fleecy zip-up. Man I can't wait to get these eggs out of me! And I have everything crossed that I'll be able to trigger and it won't cause OHSS because I've heard it's absolutely miserable.

3rd monitoring appointment update to come tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are uncomfortable but glad your response is so awesome!! Hope you are excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your e2 looks like its getting control of itself :) What a nice little group you have going on in there, FX for no OHSS for you!!!

    ReplyDelete