Things I'm excited about:
- We'll finally have a chance at actually getting pregnant
- If I do get pregnant, the EDD would be my 29th birthday (10/15) which would just be amazing!
- I've been waiting what seems like forever to buy maternity clothes, see my belly grow, decorate a nursery, hold our baby in my arms, feel the joy of being a parent, etc.
- That in about 10 days I could be turning to Nick and saying "we're pregnant, you're going to be a daddy"
Things I'm nervous about:
- Having a full bladder during the transfer (yeah I know, kind of silly) but you have no idea how many times I pee on a normal day. I have a really small bladder and it's kind of going to be torture
- Choosing how many embryos to transfer - we still haven't decided yet. It's going to be a game time decision. If we have a "perfect" blast I think we've agreed on transferring only one, but we'll also see what the embryologist and RE recommends
- This not working and we have to go through this again
- Not having any frosties as backup or a parachute
- How I'm going to react if the result is negative
- How our embryos are even doing. They didn't give me a report today. The only real update I heard from them was on Tuesday (Day 2) when they said all 11 embies were still going strong. They did say though they would have called if something drastic happened with them, but i'm still very nervous
Can you tell I'm a lot more nervous than excited?? That's what IF does to a person - dammit IF, I hate you!!
So tomorrow I'll be pregnant until proven otherwise and have a strange compulsion to want to pee on things every day. I'm debating whether or not I'm going to test out the trigger (it might still be in my system) or if I'm just going to start testing at 5dp5dt which is when I've seen some bumpies get faint BFPs. Ugh, these next 10 days are going to BLOW! Although, I did think that the time between ER and ET was going to be bad as well. Really the only day I was stressed and anxious was Day 2 when I was waiting for the fert report. All other days, I've been kind of zen. I keep saying to myself, it's out of my hands, my embies are being cared for and the best ones will grow and survive. Those are my future baby(ies) someday (hopefully) and I find great comfort in that.
Oh and in other news, I FINALLY pooped!! YAY!!! Lol - you have no idea how constipated I was (I'm really regular and went 5 days without pooping! absolute torture!) and any type of pushing was really painful. So I ate a lot of fiber and took some Colace and finally, RELIEF! I don't blame you if you skipped over my pooping story, but for all of you ladies who've been constipated after your ER, you KNOW what I'm talking about!
And this is me right now, well not really me, but someone expressing the exact same face I'm sporting now. It's kind of a "Yay, but I'm really scared shitless" kind of look. Definitely me right now and probably me for the next 10 days!

So exciting! This is just getting real, huh? :) My advice is try to stay as calm as possible and pile up the distractions for the next 10 days - movies, books, a project. ANYTHING to make the time go by. 11 embryos in the running still is amazing. It sounds very positive!
ReplyDeleteThis is soooo exciting! If you are having a day 5 I bet they are confident that you will have some (many?) left over to freeze for the future! We are doing DE/IVF and if we have one "good" or "excellent" embryo we will only transfer 1 on the first try, per our clinics requirement. You guys will make the right decision for you!
ReplyDeleteWhen my IF friends who do oe/ivf so the POAS testing, they always test the trigger out of their system and see the home test go down to one line and that way if they get two lines on day 6 or whatever, they know it is not just the trigger still in their system.
Let us know what you decide regarding embryos and POAS! So excited for you and that potential due date! :-)
YAY for PUPO!!!! Do yourself a favor though and stay away from Google or any of those websites like peeonastick.com or twoweekwait.com where they post imaginary symptoms because you will go CRA-ZAY!!!! LOL Cant wait to hear how it goes tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteGood luck tomorrow! I hope you have some awesome blasts to transfer and some back ups for later on!
ReplyDeleteThis is sooo exciting!! How many did you end up choosing to transfer?
ReplyDelete