Thursday, January 17, 2013

3rd monitoring appointment

Oh man is this bloat REALLY uncomfortable. I tried to sleep on my stomach last night and couldn't because I was so sore and uncomfortable - ugh. I keep telling myself it's all worth it, but I can say that I do not like feeling like a bloated whale all the time. I feel bad for Nick because he wants to have sex and I'm like umm not gonna happen buddy. I feel bad, but seriously, I'm uncomfortable, sore, bloated and over all feeling very non-sexy, and so not in the mood.

I went in this morning for my daily monitoring appointment - I've been joking with everyone saying "long time no see" - I'm such a dork! In the waiting room when I walk in this morning was a woman with her maybe 15 month old. I HATE it when people bring their kids to the RE's office, even if they conceived them with IUI or IVF, I don't think it's the place to bring your children. I was SO annoyed, not just because the woman brought her toddler to the RE's office, but because she kept cooing to the little girl and saying things like, "Do you need mommy's help with that" "Oh you're such a good girl drinking your juice" "Do you want to go throw that out like a good girl and "Mommy loves you" and on and on and on. SERIOUSLY? If you're going to bring your kid to the RE's office in the first place DO NOT rub it in my face that you have a kid and I don't and most definitely do NOT coo to your child. I wanted to smack her. It probably doesn't help that I'm all hopped up on fertility meds either, so my hormones are all ragey, but still, how annoying!

Just got the call from my nurse. I have the same number of follicles as yesterday (total 49), with 14 measuring in between 11-15mm. Also, my lining was over 8mm, which is AWESOME, because I've always had lining issues, so now we know it's just the Clomid that did it and not the actual lining. My E2 jumped up from around 1300 to 1886. So I'm decreasing my Menopur dose tonight and going in tomorrow morning again for another monitoring appointment.

I asked my nurse when she thought I was going to trigger and do the ER and she said she was thinking I would trigger either Saturday or Sunday if she could guess, with her best guess being triggering on Sunday. Which means that I'll go in for monitoring on Saturday and Sunday as well. Which means I have to drive into the city for that. That isn't that big of a deal, but it's nice to have the office 10 minutes from my house and now we have to drive 40 minutes one way to do a quick u/s and b/w. I know, I know, I shouldn't be complaining. I know some people's RE's offices are that far away and I know many are much further than that, but I've gotten so used to my 10 minute drive that I've gotten spoiled.

I'm secretly really hoping that I make great progress overnight and tomorrow they're like "You can trigger" so I don't have to go in over the weekend for monitoring and I can just take Monday off of work instead of 2 days, but I know that's probably not going to happen. And I'm ok with that, I'm just anxious for the ER now, I want to move onto the next step!! Everything has been going so really well so far, so I'm truly hoping that's good karma of what's to come!

6 comments:

  1. Follicles and lining sounds great! Exciting! And OF COURSE you don't want to have sex! Dont feel bad about that!!

    Seriously? Cooing? Smack her!

    At my clinic you cannot have children in the 'IF' waiting room which is awesome! If you are waiting for an IF appoitment and you brought your kid, you have to go to the 'normal' waiting room! (Obvi they call them waiting room 1, 2, and, 3 not "normal" lol!) So, it dosent protect me from seeing kids or pregnant women at the hospital, but it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally wish there were different waiting rooms at my RE's office, that would be perfect!

      Delete
  2. my biggest pet peeve is children at the RE's clinic. I hate it. During my pre-FET acupuncture at the clinic i could hear this woman with her daughter in the hallway outside and it almost ruined my zen. UGH! so rude. Glad stims are going well - remember slow adn steady wins the race :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my zen would have been ruined and I would have been pissed and everyone would have known it! Glad to see you're in 2nd tri!!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like everything is moving along as planned. I'm so excited for you! ER is going to be any day now... those are some great numbers!

    ReplyDelete