Friday, January 18, 2013

4th monitoring appointment - Freaking out a bit

Oh man, I'm starting to freak out a bit now. I have 40 freaking measurable follicles from 10-17.7mm and my E2 level is at 2640 now - 40 measurable follicles - OMFG - AGHHHH! I mean I'm super glad I was a really great responder, but my OHSS risk has shot through the roof and the nurse warned me that if my E2 level gets too out of control or if those 40 follicles are all the same measurement then there is the likelihood I might get cancelled.

ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS?? I cannot get cancelled again, not after getting this far. She told me to greatly limit my fluid intake, really only drink Gatorade with the occasional small glass of water, and to up my sodium and protein intake. So I'm currently eating a tuna Subway sandwich and downing a Gatorade.

I go back in tomorrow morning for more monitoring. This time I'm headed into the city and the only appointment they had was 7:15 a.m. on a Saturday - wonderful. Just how I wanted to spend my Saturday morning.

The good news is that the nurse said that I might very well be ready to trigger tomorrow night and they would decrease my HCG trigger from 10,000 to 5,000 or even less to try to prevent OHSS.

To be honest, I was feeling really positive about this cycle before and now I'm just really nervous and worried I'm not even going to get to retrieval. My RE doesn't even do retrievals and then freeze embreyos if there is any chance of causing OHSS, which SUCKS. I mean I definitely don't want OHSS, but I also don't want all of these follicles (and eggs) to go to waste.

Here's to hoping tomorrow I have good news and can trigger. Those are the words I'm waiting for now. I already know I responded well, now I just want these eggs out of me.

Oh and I also feel my ovaries like almost bouncing around inside of me when I walk. It's painful to freaking walk right now.

Ok, enough complaining, I just hope and pray I can get to ER!

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, hope you get some good news tomorrow!!! FX for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to trigger this weekend! That would be so very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope they can manage everything and you are cleared for retrieval!

    ReplyDelete